Pregnancy, weight fluctuations, and aging can all contribute to dramatic changes in your figure. Your youthful and contoured physique can develop sagging skin, abdominal bulging, and stretch marks that aren’t able to be concealed. Muscle separation (also known as rectus diastasis) frequently occurs after pregnancy or weight fluctuations causing bulging of the abdomen that can never be corrected with diet and exercise alone, making it impossible to regain ab definition without surgical treatment.
Your High-Definition Tummy Tuck Experience:
Your high-definition tummy tuck experience starts with a personalized consultation with Dr. Chamata at our surgical center in Houston. He will talk to you about your unique conditions, goals, and concerns, examine your abdominals, and curate a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve a firm, sculpted tummy. The details of the treatment may be different from one patient to the next, but the following is a brief overview:
- Our board-certified anesthesiologist administers general anesthesia.
- Dr. Chamata makes a low incision along your bikini line.
- Your stretched and weakened abdominal muscles are tightened.
- Excess skin and fat tissues are removed.
- Stretch marks on the lower abdomen are removed.
- Liposuction is used to remove unwanted fat cells.
- A new natural-appearing belly button is formed using the old navel.
- The incisions are sutured closed with the utmost precision.
- Drains are placed to reduce fluid collection formation and are removed by 2 weeks.
- A compression garment is placed to reduce swelling and improve healing.
- After a brief observation period, you can have someone drive you home.
- You may resume work within two weeks and heavy lifting/exercise after 6 weeks.